In the 6th match of the ICC World Cup Qualifiers West Indies will face United Arab Emirates. Two times World Champions of 1975 and 1979, runners up 1983 and semi finalists of 1987 forced to play these Qualifiers matches for the first in West Indies cricket history due to poor ranking in ODI cricket. Match will be played at Harare and Old Hararians sports club will host this match.
West Indies are going to play their first game and Holder will lead this side.
United Arab Emirates’s last match was against Papua New Guinea and they comfortably won that match. Currently they are standing at 2nd position in Group A’s points table.
Old Hararians Sports Club – Harare, Zimbabwe
This is a good batting wicket and we can expect good number of runs on this surface. The last match was between Ireland and Netherlands at this venue. Ireland posted a decent total on board and Netherlands fell down while chasing.
West Indies Probable XI
Shai Hope (wk)
Nurse / Bishoo
United Arab Emirates Probable XI
Rohan Mustafa (c)
Mufti / Boota
Hayat / Zahoor Khan
Important News :
- After winning first match, UAE can play with same XI.
- In wicket keeper section Hope must be a direct pick. we know how capable the West Indian wicket keeper is and no need to tell much about him. Shabber is the other wicket keeper and he played well in warm up matches but in first match he had fallen for a duck.
- In batting from West Indies Gayle, Lewis and Samuels all three are good options. Take any two from them. Anyone can be dangeorus. From UAE Ashfaq Ahmed, Anwar, Rameez and Usman all are good. Take any two from them.
- In all rounder section from West Indies Holder is mandatory. Carlos Brathwaite and Powell are other good options. From UAE Mustafa is a direct pick. He scored 95 in first match against PNG. The other all rounder Naveed took a five fer against PNG in first match. Try him in grand leagues. He is a consistent wicket taker and a very good bowler.
- In bowling from West Indies Roach is must pick. Cottrell and Nurse are other good and important bowlers. Nurse playing chances are good. From UAE Haider and Raza are good and safe picks.
Prediction : This is a bad phase for West Indies. They are one of the strongest teams in world cricket and unfortunately they are at this stage. Their performance was too worst in warm up matches. But they defeated UAE in warm up match. We are expecting they will bounce and come out of this tough situation. Backing West Indies, they will win this match.