West Indies will face Papua New Guinea in the 10th match of ICC World Cup Qualifiers at Harare and Old Hararians Sports Club will host this match.
West Indies’s last match was against United Arab Emirated and in that match Windies won easily. They played one match and won that match. Currently they are holding the no.2 spot in Group A’s points table.
On the other side, Papua New Guinea’s last match was against Ireland and in that match they lost. With 2 losses in 2 matches they have played currently they are placed at 4th on Group A’s points table.
Old Hararians Sports Club, Harare – Zimbabwe
This is a good batting wicket and we can expect good number of runs on this surface. The last match was here between West Indies and United Arab Emirates and in that match West Indies posted a mammoth target on board.
West Indies Probable XI
Shai Hope (wk)
Brathwaite / Williams
Papua New Guinea Probable XI
Assad Vala (c)
Bau / Doriga
Jack Vare (wk)
Important News :
- Cottrell walked off the field with an injury in last match. Therefore either Brathwaite or Williams will replace him.
- Papua New Guinea can play with same XI.
- In wicket keeper section Shai Hope is a straight forward pick. Jack Vare bats at lower order and picking him is a really risky thing even in grand leagues.
- In batting section from West Indies Gayle, Lewis, Hetymer, Samuels all are good options. All four are good options. From PNG Ura, Siaka, Morea are some good options. Take one from them.
- In all rounder section from West Indies Holder is a straight forward pick. From PNG Assad Vala should be mandatory. Dai is another good option.
- In bowling from West Indies Roach is direct pick. Miller and NUrse are other good options. From PNG Vanua, Soper and Nao all three are good bowlers.
Prediction : West Indies are clear favourites of this match.