Sri Lanka will face Bangladesh in the third match of the Nidahas Trophy. Match will be played at Colombo and R. Premadasa Stadium will host this match. Bangladesh have lost seven out of the nine T20s they have played against Sri Lanka. The visitors outplayed Sri Lanka when they last faced them in a T20 at this ground.
Sri Lanka’s last match was against India and in that Sri Lanka won easily. In this on going series, Sri Lanka played one match and won that match.
Bangladesh’s last match was against India and in that match Bangladesh lost to India. In this on going series, Bangladesh played one match and lost that match.
R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo – Sri Lanka
Current weather is Partly Cloudy but rain or showers are expected during match time.
The toss winning team will probably elect to bowl first as seamers could find some movement off the surface early on. Chasing is very easy here.
Sri Lanka Probable XI
Chandimal (c / wk)
Lakmal / Pradeep
Bangladesh Probable XI
Important News :
- Don’t know why Lakmal didn’t play in first match. In this match he has bright chances to play. If he plays then Pradeep will sit on bench.
- Bangladesh can play with same XI otherwise as the wicket is good for batsmen they can add one more hitter.
- In wicket keeper section Rahim should be a straight pick. Chandimal is also a good option but Sri Lanka has good top order.
- In batting section from Sri Lanka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis and Kusal Perera are very important. Tharanga is also a valuable player but he is coming in middle order. Don’t miss Gunathilaka because he can be handy with ball also. Kusal Perera is in excellent form. From Bangladesh Iqbal and Sarkar are safe and good options. Sabbir Rahman is a third option.
- In all rounder section from Sri Lanka Thisara Perera is mandatory. Shanaka and Mendis are other good options. From Bangladesh Mahmudullah is a straight forward pick.
- In all rounder section from Sri Lanka Dananjaya is only safe option. From Bangladesh Mustafizur should be mandatory. Rubel Hossain and Taskin are other good options.
Prediction : Sri Lanka has a very good record over Bangladesh. Even they defeated India in first match. Backing Sri Lanka, they are favourites of this match.