This is the final match of the Odi series and both teams will head back to Centurion once again. A clinical performance from visitors, India, in the whole Odi series. The visitors really played well even in test series especially their bowlers did everything they could but due to batsmen failure they could not have won test series. In Odi series it doesn’t happen and this time batsmen played a terrific innings in every match and tortured South Africa on their soil. India already won the test series and this is a simple match for them. They are leading the series 4 – 1 so if they win this match nothing will change. On the other side South Africa will be down on confidence after having conceded the series to India. Moreover this is like a consolation match for the home side.
SuperSport Park – Centurion, South Africa
Scattered Thunderstorms are forcasted.
Wicket is good for batting and anything around 300 should be a par score here.
Team News : South Africa
The team’s collapse started from Steyn’s injury. Steyn, ABD, Faf and De Cock all were injured and their absence brought a severe impact on the rest of the team. Even few of the star players form was not good and that all made to loss Odi series for the hosts. Morris is fit to play and he can replace Phehlukwayo in this last match. If Morris and Phehlukwayo both play then Morris will be given rest. Tahir and Shamsi both can play this match. Batting line up will rely mainly on the likes of Amla, ABD, Duminy, Miller at top of the order. Klaasen and Miller can play a middle order role. Klaasen is in good form.
Team News : India
India took a perfect revenge and completely dominated the entire series. Both Kuldeep and Chahal played a very crucial role for team’s success and without them things would have been different. After winning Odi series, India can make changes a head of this last Odi. Dhoni can be rested. Either Bhuvi or Bumrah will be rested. Pandey may get a game. Thakur can play this match. They have a good batting line up in the likes of Rohit, Dhawan, Virat at top of the order. All of them are in good form.
Important News :
- Morris is fit and he can play this match. If Morris plays then Phehlukwayo has a chance to make a way for him.
- If both Morris and Phehlukwayo play then Morkel will be rested.
- Rabada will play this game. Tahir and Shamsi both can play this match.
- Ngidi’s four wicket haul will present him in XI
- Either Bhuvneshwar or Bumrah can be rested. Shardul Thakur can play.
- Shami had a good net session and he can replace either Bhuvi or Bumrah.
- Dhoni can be rested. If Dhoni gets rest then Karthik will play.
- Manish Pandey can play. Either Dhawan or Rahane can be rested.
South Africa Probable XI
AB de Villiers
Phehlukwayo / Tahir / Morkel
India Probable XI
Dhawan / Manish Pandey
Rahane / Manish Pandey
Dhoni / Karthik (wk)
Bhuvneshwar / Shami/ Thakur
Bumrah / Thakur
- In wicket keeper section Klaasen is only looking safe and good option. Don’t know who will play in between Dhoni and Karthik.
- In batting from South Africa Amla, De Villiers can be mandatory. Looks like Amla is back into form and he played well in last match. Though De Villiers did not play anything after his return but we all know how dangerous he is so don’t miss him. Miller played two crucial innings in last two matches so once again he can play middle order role. Markram performance is not good but still a good batsman. Try to at least 2 from them. From India Kohli and Dhawan can be mandatory. Rohit finally played well and he can repeat the same again. Iyer can be handy at middle order.
- In all rounder section from South Africa Duminy is mandatory. Morris is another safe option. From India Hardik Pandya is only safe and good option.
- In bowling section from South Africa Rabada and Ngidi are safe options. From India Kuldeep and Chahal are only safe options.
Both teams can make changes so no clarity about exact probable XI. We will update if there is any further news.
AB de Villiers
Prediction : India is looking strong in all aspects. On the other side South Africa’s performance is not upto the mark. Though South Africa lost the series but still this is an important match for them to make it 2. This can be a 55 – 45 match ( India 55 – South Africa 45).