After winning test series things are looking different for the home side. Lot of injury issues hurt the home side and they are on the spot of border to lose the Odi series. De Villiers, Faf and now De Cock added to the injuries list. The team which won 17 international one day matches at home are struggling now to face Indian spinners. The two teams will now head to the Newlands in Cape Town for the third ODI. South Africa now find themselves under huge pressure after having lost the first two ODIs while India is in the driver’s seat.
Newlands – Cape town, South Africa
A very good batting surface is expected for this game. However, there could be a fair amount of support for the spinners.
Probable XI of South Africa
Morkel / Ngidi
Probable XI of India
Important News :
- De Cock ruled out with a wrist injury and Klaasen will replace him.
- Markram can open the innings along with Amla. South Africa needs an extra batsman and in that case Behardien can play this match.
- Shamsi’s playing chances are 50- 50 because his performance in last match was not effective. Phehlukwayo can replace him.
- India have no reason to change the make-up of their playing composition.
- In wicket keeper section both Dhoni and Klaasen are good options. Klaasen had a good domestic tournament so far and his performance was outstanding in domestic matches. Dhoni usually bats in middle order for India but due to strong Indian batting line up at top of the order he does not get a chance. He can be a guard if team is in trouble.
- In batting from South Africa Amla, Markram, Miller and Behardien all four are good options. Among them Behardien can be dangerous as he had a very good domestic season and can be handy at middle and lower order. In the absence of De Villiers, De Cock and Du Plessis lot of burden is there on Amla. Zondo is another good choice. For India Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahane all four are good. Kohli is a mandatory pick. Rahane proved his odi form in first match. Pick any three among them if you think India can win this match.
- In all rounder section Duminy and Morris are only safe picks. Duminy should be a mandatory pick. He had a very good domestic season with both bat and ball. Morris can be dangerous at any time. For India Pandya and Jadhav are only the options available. Better to select Pandya as he can be dangerous.
- In bowling though South Africa has core pace attack Indian batsmen are finding ways to hit the ball. Tahir and Shamsi are not that much effective like the Indian spinners. Rabada can be useful with bat also so he will be a safe option. From India all four are doing a great job with ball. Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Bumrah are showing disciplinary bowling. Chahal and Kuldeep are haunting the South African batsmen on their pitches with a quality spin bowling.
Dream XI Team :
will be updated shortly…..
Prediction : While the hosts are looking deflated at the moment under the leadership of an unexperienced captain in Aiden Markram, the visitors are looking in red-hot form. India are favourites to win this match.