SuperSport Park – Centurion, South Africa
A quicker surface with plenty of pace and bounce is expected. Spinners may not get as much turn as they got at Durban.
Probable XI of South Africa
De Cock (wk)
Probable XI of India
Important News :
- Regular skipper Du Plessis ruled out of the series with fractured finger.
- Markram will lead this side now. Behardien or Zondo can replace Du Plessis and it’s like Behardien. His playing chances are very very high.
- India might go with unchanged XI.
- In wicket keeper section both De Cock and MS Dhoni are good options. De Cock comes as an opener while Dhoni at middle order. De Cock is trying to get his form and he has a very good record against India. For India MS Dhoni is an experienced player in the side and he can be dangerous at any moment. If India falls in trouble then he can be a rescuer.
- In batting for South Africa Amla, Markram, Miller and Behardien all four are good options. Among them Behardien can be dangerous as he had a very good domestic season and can be handy at middle and lower order. In the absence of De Villiers and Du Plessis, lot of burden is there on Amla. For India Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahane all four are good. Kohli is a mandatory pick. Rahane proved his odi form in last match. Pick any three among them if you think India can win this match.
- In all rounder section Duminy should be a mandatory pick. He had a very good domestic season with bth bat and ball. Phehlukawayo bats at lower order. Though he doesn’t bat still he is a good bowler. Morris can be dangerous at any time. For India Pandya and Jadhav are only the options available. Better to select Pandya as he can be dangerous.
- In bowling for South Africa Rabada and Morkel are mandatory. Looks like pitch is good for pacers so the duo can trouble India. Tahir is only their spinner. For India Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Bumrah both are good options. Take any one and if you want select both. Chahal and Kuldeep are two spinners who changed the first Odi completely. To get wickets both the spinners should work hard.
Do You Know ??
- Hashim Amla has scored a hundred in each of his last four innings here. He has five tons overall here and averages 76.91 from 12 ODI innings.
- Quinton de Kock is playing on his home ground. So far he has scored four hundreds in six innings at the Centurion Park.
- India and South Africa have a 2-2 head-to-head record in matches at Centurion.
- South Africa have won six of their last seven ODIs here with one ending in a no result.
Prediction : After losing the first the Odi to the visitors definitely the hosts will try to bounce back. Though they are missing key players but still they have a good team. On the other side, India is looking very strong and can be dangerous again. This can be a 50 – 50 game.