South Africa won the test series and India gave a strong reply to Proteas in Odi series. It’s levelled up to here and this will be like a fresh page again. Both sides once again will meet and this time in T20 series. After winning Odi series, India will look to continue in T20 series also. This is the final series of India’s tour of South Africa and both teams will aim to clinch the series. The home team, Proteas, started the tour with test series win but they failed to win the Odi series. This is a great opportunity for them to take a perfect revenge. On the other side, India started the tour with a series loss but they didn’t chin down their heads and came out strongly and dominated completely in Odi series. Indians made a history after winning Odi series and definitely they will also be looking to end the tour with another series in their hands. The first match T20 will be played at Johannesburg and New Wanderers stadium will host this match.
New Wanderers Stadium – Johannesburg, South Africa
Partly to mostly cloudy
An excellent batting conditions are expected here and bowlers must work hard to get wickets.
South Africa Probable XI
AB de Villiers
Morris / Behardien
India Probable XI
Raina / Pandey
Important News :
- South Africa rested several key players for this series and we can find many new faces.
- Duminy will lead this side.
- Only one change can be expected from Indian side. Suresh Raina can play this match. His playing chances are very good.
- In wicket keeper section both are Klaasen and Dhoni are good options. Both will bat at middle order. Dhoni’s experience can help India while Klaasen’s aggression can help South Africa.
- In batting from South Africa AB de Villiers and Miller both are important. No clarity about Behardien. Though he is a good player still he is not getting proper chance. Reeza Hendricks is another good player and he had a good domestic season. From India Virat Kohli is straight pick. Take any two from Rohit, Dhawan and Raina. Raina’s playing chances are good.
- In all rounder section from South Africa Duminy is mandatory. Smutts and Morris are two good players. Smutts had a good domestic season with both bat and ball. Morris can be handy at lower order. Take anyone from them. From India Pandya is only option available.
- In bowling section from South Africa Paterson, Dala and Phangiso all three are good. They had good domestic season. From India Bhuvi, Bumrah, Chahal and Kuldeep all four are good.
Prediction : India clearly have the upper hand going into this series as they outplayed the hosts in both batting and bowling departments in the Odis. On the other side, South Africa has given rest to several key players. Still they have the capacity to beat India. This can be a 50 – 50 game.