South Africa vs Australia!!!! Yeah both teams will face each other in a four match test series. This will be really an interesting series and we all know very well about these two teams. Two top quality sides will face each other and this is very exciting to hear. The first test match will be played at Durban and Kingsmead Cricket ground will host this match.
The hosts, South Africa, recently won the test series against the no.1 side, India. South Africa hosted a three match test series and in that series however South Africa managed to seal the test series.
On the other side, the visitors, Australia won the Ashes recently and they are also looking enough strong. Australia won the Ashes with 4 – 0 difference and they completely dominated England. This first test match will be played at Durban and Kingsmead will host this match. Australia has a good record against South Africa in test matches. But both teams are having a poor record at Durban. The home team, South Africa, won only one of their last seven test matches played here. From Australia point of view, the beat South Africa only three times out of ten matches they played.
Kingsmead Cricket Ground – Durban, South Africa
Clear with periodic clouds
This wicket is good for batting for first three days and bowlers can come into game on day 4 and day 5.
South Africa Probable XI
AB de Villiers
Faf du Plessis (c)
de Cock (wk)
Australia Probable XI
Important News :
- South Africa skipper du Plessis recovered from injury and he is set to play the big match. He will lead the side in this test series.
- AB de Villiers and de Cock also recovered from injuries and gained 100% fitness.
- Klaasen, who played well against India, earned a maiden call to the test side. Similarly Mulder also got a maiden call to the test side.
- Bavuma will miss this match due to hand injury.
- This is the last test series for Morne Morkel and after this series he will retire.
- Steve Smith will lead this side. No changes from Australia side and they are playing with their Ashes team.
- In wicket keeper section from South Africa de Cock’s batting position is no. 6. From Australia Paine’s batting position is no.7. Klaasen played very well against India and he got maiden test call. If de Cock fails then in next match Klaasen can replace him. Pressure is on de Cock. He is a good batsman. Paine is also a good batsman and he played well against England in Ashes. Putting home conditions in mind we feel de Cock will bounce back.
- In batting from South Africa AB de Villiers and du Plessis are important picks. Both played well against India and their experiences can help South Africa. Amla is another important person. Though he failed against India in test series but still he is an all time test player. Even Elgar and Markram are good batsmen. Try to take any three from them if you are supporting South Africa. From Australia, Smith can be a mandatory pick. Warner, Shaun Marsh, Bancroft and Khawaja all are good options and they all played well against England. A part from Smith select any other two batsmen if you are supporting Australia.
- In all rounder section from South Africa Philander is mandatory and don’t miss him at any cost. From Australia both Cummins and Marsh are good options but Marsh can bat well as he bats at middle order.
- In bowling section from South Africa Rabada, Morkel and Maharaj all three are good. Pitch can support spinners slowly in lateral stages. This is the home town for Maharaj and he always plays well at home. Rabada and Morkel both are good bowlers. If you are taking 4 batsmen in your team then take any two bowlers from the three. From Australia Starc should be a direct selection. Take anyone from Hazzlewood and Lyon.
AB de Villiers
Prediction : As this is the first test match it’s very hard to predict. Though South Africa didn’t play well against India still they are a quality side. Australia is also looking good. This can be a 50 – 50 game.