Quetta Gladiators will face the defending champions Peshawar Zalmi in this 10th match of the on going Pakistan Super League. The match will be played at Sharjah and Sharjah Cricket Stadium will host this match. When these two teams faced each other last time, Peshawar Zalmi defeated Quetta Gladiators. Even they have won two out of their last three matches against Quetta Gladiators.
Quetta Gladiators have played three matches. With 2 wins and 1 loss in three matches they have played, Quetta Gladiators are currently placed at 2nd in points table. Their last match was against Islamabad United. In that match, Quetta Gladiators won by 6 wickets.
On the other side, Peshawar Zalmi have played three matches too. With a win and 2 losses in three matches they have played, Peshawar Zalmi are at 4th position in points table currently. Their last match was against Karachi Kings. In that match, Peshawar Zalmi lost to Karachi Kings.
Sharjah Cricket Stadium – Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
This can be a bowling friendly wicket and wicket is expected to be on slower side. Spinners can get good assistance from this surface. Anything around 150+ will be tough to chase down here.
Quetta Gladiators Probable XI
Sarfraz Ahmed (c/wk)
Hastings / Archer
Peshawar Zalmi Probable XI
Harris Sohail / Saad Nasim
Important News :
- Archer hinted that he will play two more games for Quetta Gladiators and then he will pack his bags.
- In last match, Quetta Gladiators replaced Hastings in place of Archer but he was very expensive so Archer can play today’s match.
- Mahmudullah can continue in this match also.
- Both Laughlin and Chris Green arrived to PSL.
- Liam Dawson joined the team. Hasan Ali started practicing in nets but he might not play in this game.
- In wicket keeper section both Akmal and Sarfraz are good options. Akmal comes as an opener while Sarfraz bats at lower order. Akmal should be a direct pick because he bats at top order.
- In batting from Quetta Gladiators Shafiq, Umar Amin, Pietersen and Mahmudullah are the batsmen available. Pietersen played good innings last night’s match. But we can’t expect always the same innings. Still he is a safe option. Shafiq giving good start but not consistent. Mahmudullah had a good series against Sri Lanka but he didn’t get a chance in yesterday’s match. If he gets a chance he can play well. Take any two from Shafiq, Pietersen and Mahmudullah. From Peshawar Zalmi Tamim and Hafeez are only safe and best picks. Don’t miss them in small leagues.
- In all rounder section from Quetta Gladiators Watson and Nawaz are two good options and both are playing consistently. Don’t miss them. From Peshawar Zalmi Smith is only looking good and he is a direct pick in small leagues. Sammy and Hasan Khan are other options. Sammy is like hit big. He is batting at lower order and even he rarely comes to bowl.
- In bowling from Quetta Gladiators both Rahat Ali and Anwar Ali taking a wicket. Archer may play but still doubtful so we cannot risk on him. From Peshawar Zalmi Riaz is a direct selection. Sheikh is bowling good so can’t miss him. Umaid Asif, Jordan and Asghar are three other bowlers. We feel both Umaid Asif and Asghar are good bowlers so try to take any one from them.
Prediction : Peshawar had a good record against Quetta in past. But in this season the defending champions are not playing to their levels. But they have a balanced team. On the other side, Quetta are on a row and definitely they will aim for another win in today’s match. Quetta can win this match and they are favourites of this match.