Peshawar Zalmi will face Islamabad United in the 21st match of the Pakistan Super League. Match will be played at Dubai and Dubai Cricket Stadium will host this match. Islamabad United have won three of the last four matches they have played against Peshawar Zalmi.
Peshawar Zalmi’s last match was against Multan Sultans and in that match they lost. Peshawar Zalmi played 6 matches won 3 and lost 3. With 3 wins and 3 losses in 6 matches they have played, they are placed at 5th in points table.
Islamabad United’s last match was against Lahore Qalanders and in that match Lahore won. Islamabad United played 6 matches won 4 and lost 2. With 4 wins and 2 losses in 6 matches they have played, they are placed at 3rd in points table.
Dubai Cricket Stadium, Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Clear with periodic clouds
This is not a flat track but we can expect plenty of runs for the batsmen. Anything around 170+ should be a competitive score.
Peshawar Zalmi Probable XI
Kamran Akmal (wk)
Sameen Gul / Sheikh
Islamabad United Probable XI
Finn / Badree
Important News :
- Fletcher replaced Iqbal who left for national duties.
- Sameen Gul’s place is doubtful.
- Peshawar should win all remaining matches to earn a place in play offs.
- Samit Patel’s last two matches were not impressive so he can sit out in this match. But they are missing Russell that’s why he can get another chance.
- Badree may get an opportunity.
- In wicket keeper section we have three options Akmal, Fletcher and Ronchi. Ronchi should be a direct pick looking his form but we can’t underestimate Akmal and Fletcher. Both are equally good and can play good innings at any time. If you want try them in grand leagues.
- In batting from Peshawar Zalmi Hafeez is a straight forward pick. Riki Wessels is another good option but he bats at no.5. No idea whether he will get chance because Hafeez and Smith are playing good. From Islamabad United Duminy is a straight forward pick. Asif Ali is a good domestic player. Take him also because he bats at no.3. In last match Shadab Khan promoted to no.3 and once again Islamabad United can promote him. But Asif is a good domestic player.
- In all rounder section from Peshawar Zalmi Smith is a straight forward pick. Liam Dawson is another good option but he bats at lower order. From Islamabad United Samit should be mandatory. Talat is another good option for Islamabad United. Take anyone from Dawson and Talat.
- In bowling section from Peshawar Zalmi Hasan Ali and Riaz both are excellent bowlers. Unfortunately in last match both were very expensive. They can comeback strong in this match. Umaid Asif is another good bowler for Peshawar. Take any two from them. From Islamabad United Ashraf is a straight forward pick. Sami and Shadab are other good options. Shadab can bat too and he is a good all rounder. In last match he was promoted to no.3 so once again he can be promoted.
Prediction : Islamabad has a good record against Peshawar. Their recent performance is excellent and they moved up in points table. This is all because of Ronchi and his aggressive innings. If he falls down early then it will be like a test for them. On the other side, Peshawar’s performance is not consistent. This can be a 55 -45 game and backing Islamabad to win this match.