This is the first match in ICC World Cup Qualifiers and in this first match Papua New Guinea will face United Arab Emirates. Zimbabwe is going to host the ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018 and all matches will be played in Zimbabwe. The first match will be played at Harare and Harare Spots Club will host this match.
This is the first ever time Papua New Guinea is appearing in a Cricket World Cup match. The team will be lead by Assad Vala.
This is the third time for United Arab Emirates appearing in a Cricket World Cup match. The team will be lead by Rohan Mustafa.
Harare Sports Club, Harare – Zimbabwe
Periods of sunshine with a shower or thunderstorm around and rain is forecasted.
Two warm up matches were played and in both warm up matches low scores were registered. Wicket helped both pacers as well as spinners in those two warm up matches. But this is an average wicket and it can help both batsmen and bowlers. As this is the first match of the tournament, we suggest you to select a balanced team.
Papua New Guinea Probable XI
Tony Ura / Vani Morea
Assad Vala (c)
Sese Bau / Charles Amini
Jack Vare (wk)
United Arab Emirates Probable XI
Rohan Mustafa (c)
Ghulam Shabber (wk)
Mohammad Boota / Mufti
Imran Haider / Qadeer Ahmed
Important News :
- Sese Bau scored more number of runs than Charles Amini in warm up matches. Sese Bau batted at top order while Amini Batted at lower order in warm up matches. Sese Bau has bright chances.
- In warm up matches, Kiplin Doriga from Papua New Guinea, stood behind the stumps.
As this is the first match, there is no proper news. If we find anything new we shall update is here.
Try to invest less because there is guarantee who will play and who will not play.
- In wicket keeper section Shabber should be a straight choice. Another wicket keeper Jack Vare did not bat in warm up matches. So no idea about him.
- In batting section from Papua New Guinea Tony Ura, Kiplin Doriga and Lega Siaka are key players. But in warm up matches Doriga failed completely. Tony Ura played only match and Lega Siaka failed to impress. Vani Morea is the other opener and he registered a fifty in second warm up match and he played in first warm up match too. He can play this match. Sese Bau is another good batting option from PNG and he batted well in first warm up match. In second warm up match he scored only 16. From United Arab Emirates Shaiman Anwar, Ashfaq Ahmed, Rameez Shahzad, Mufti and Mohammad Usman all are good batting options. Mufti played consistently in warm up matches. Select any three from them.
- In all rounder section from Papua New Guinea Assad Vala is mandatory. From United Arab Emirates Rohan Mustafa and Mohammad Naveed are mandatory.
- In bowling section from Papua New Guinea John Reva, Chad Soper and Norman Vanua. Soper is a good bowler. Take any two from them.From United Arab Emirates Naveed, Zahoor Khan, Ahmad Raza and Imran Haider are good bowlers. Select any two three from them.
Prediction : United Arab Emirates are looking strong on paper and even all the players are well experienced. Unless miracles happen Papua New Guinea cannot win. Backing United Arab Emirates, they are favourites.