Papua New Guinea will face Ireland in the fifth match of the ICC World Cup Qualifiers match. Match will be played at Harare and Harare Sports Club will host this match.
Papua New Guinea’s last match was against United Arab Emirates and in that match Papua New Guinea lost. Currently Papua New Guinea are placed at no.4 in Group A points table.
Ireland’s last match was against Netherlands and in that match Ireland won by 93 runs through DLS method. Currently Ireland are leading the Group A’s points table.
Harare Sports Club, Harare
This is an average wicket and it can help both batsmen and bowlers. Papua New Guinea are playing their second match at same venue. In last match, they were all out for 113 runs. UAE posted a target of 222 runs but PNG failed to chase.
Papua New Guinea Probable XI
Tony Ura / Sese Bau
Assad Vala (c)
Jason Killa / Kiplin Doriga
Jack Vare (wk)
Ireland Probable XI
Gary Wilson / Simi Singh
Important News :
- After losing their first match PNG can make few changes.
- After winning their first match, Ireland can play with same XI.
- In wicket keeper section Niall O’Brian should be a direct choice. He bats at no. 5 and even in last match he played pretty well. The other wicket keeper Vare bats very low and his batting position in last match was no.8. We feel Niall O’Brian is best.
- In batting from PNG Siaka and Morea are some good options. It’s very hard to predict from PNG because in last match none of the batsman had scored 30 runs and more. From Ireland Porterfield, Stirling, Joyce, Balbirnie are good batsmen. Take any three from them. In last match Balbirnie was top scorer for Ireland.
- In all rounder section from PNG Dai, Vala and Nao all three are good players but in last match skipper Vala and Dai both failed. Take any one because Ireland has a good line up. From Ireland Kevin O’Brian is the only option available.
- In bowling from PNG Vanua, Soper and Amini all three are good bowlers. In last match Vanua took a four fer. Take at least one from them. From Ireland Rankin, Murtagh, Dockrell and McCarthy all four are good. If you strongly believe PNG cannot score more runs then select all four bowlers from Ireland.
Prediction : Ireland has a strong line up when compared with Papua New Guinea. In last match PNG failed completely. Expecting the same even in this match also. Backing Ireland, they are favourites.