New Zealand women won the Odi series very easily. The hosts, West Indies women, played an outstanding game in the first one day match but they were failed completely in the next twp matches. Finally the result was West Indies team was white washed in Odi series. After Odi series, the action is back to five match T20 series now. The first match will be played at Mount Maunganui and Bay Oval will host this match. West Indies is a stronger team when it comes to T20 format. We have to wait and watch how they will take a perfect revenge on white ferns when they face in first T20 match.
Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui – New Zealand
This is an average batting wicket and pacers took more number of wickets than spinners.
New Zealand W Probable XI
Katey Martin (wk)
Rowe / Jensen
Heffernan / Jensen
West Indies W Probable XI
Anisa Mohammed / Smartt
Connell / Smartt
Important News :
- Kerr was injured during Odi series and she may not play this match.
- Heffernan can make her debut in this match.
- In wicket keeper section Martin should be important because in Odi Series West Indies wicket keeper Aguilleira failed completely. Her scores were 20, 0 and 5 in Odi series. She is not in good form. Martin bats at no. 4 while Aguilleira bats at no.5.
- In batting section from New Zealand Satterthwaite should be a direct pick. Maddy Green is other option but prefer Satterthwaite first. From West Indies Dottin should be important because she is very good in this format. She may bat no. 3 and even she can bowl few overs. Kycia Knight and Kyshona Knight are other good options. Take anyone from them. Cooper is also a good batter.
- In all rounder section from New Zealand Bates and Devine should be mandatory. Don’t miss any of them because both are in good form. From West Indies take only one between Taylor and Matthews. Either Taylor or Matthews only one. Matthews is not in good form.
- In bowling section from New Zealand Tahuhu, Rowe, Kasperek, Petersen are good and safe options. Take at least two from them. Try Heffernan in grand leagues. From West Indies Fletcher and Anisa only safe options.
You will face lot of credit problem so choose your team wisely.
Prediction : West Indies is always a dangerous team when it comes to T20 cricket. Although they lost Odi series they will aim to win this T20 series. On the other side, New Zealand won both matches played here. The home team has good bowling line up too. Backing New Zealand, they are favorites of this match.