West Indies Women’s team traveled to New Zealand for playing a three match Odi series as well as a five match T20 series. The first Odi will be played on 4th March and the last T20 will be played on 25th March. After Women’s World Cup this is the first time both teams meeting is a head to head match. The first Odi will be played at Linclon and Bert Sutcliffe Oval will host this match. This is an ICC Championship match and we can expect a good fight from both teams. Here are the entire details for first ICC Championship Odi for this match.
Bert Sutcliffe Oval – Lincoln, New Zealand
This is a good batting wicket and both seamers and pacers got equal number of wickets on this surface. Usually women’s matches are low scoring games. Putting this in mind we can expect an average score.
New Zealand Women:
Sophie Devine, Suzie Bates(c), Amy Satterthwaite, Katey Martin(wk), Maddy Green, Lauren Down, Anna Peterson, Amelia Kerr, KE Ebrahim, Hannah Rowe, Leigh Kasperek, Lea Tahuhu, Holly Huddleston
West Indies Women:
Hayley Matthews, Kycia Knight, Stafanie Taylor(c), Chedean Nation, Deandra Dottin, Merissa Aguilleira(wk), Kyshona Knight, Akeira Peters, Afy Fletcher, Anisa Mohammed, Britney Cooper, Reniece Boyce, Shamilia Connell, Tremayne Smartt
New Zealand Probable XI
Kayet Martin (wk)
Huddleston / Rowe
Rowe / Anna Peterson
West Indies Probable XI
Peters / Smart
Important News :
- After Pakistan series, this is the first time New Zealand are playing.
- After Sri Lanka series, this is the first time West Indies are playing.
- Both Martin and Aguilleira are good batters. Martin bats at top order while Aguilleira bats at middle or lower order but she is a good batter. So take anyone.
- In batting section from New Zealand Satterthwaite is mandatory. Don’t miss her. She can bat and bowl. Maddy Green is another batter but her performance is like up and down. She bats at lower order too. If New Zealand falls in trouble she can be handy. Try Green in grand leagues. From West Indies Nation and Kycia Knight are safe and good.
- In all rounder section from New Zealand Bates and Devine are good players. Both are very dangerous batters and can take wickets. From West Indies Dottin, Stefanie Taylor and Matthews all three good. Usually people select Taylor and Matthews in their team. Dottin is also an important player. West Indies have only few batters in that case if the team falls in trouble Dottin can play well in middle order. For Safe side try her in grand leagues. Matthews is an attacking player. Recently, Taylor, played in WBBL and she showed a poor batting technique there and failed completely as a batter but with ball she had shone.
- In bowling section from New Zealand Amelia Kerr, Kasperek, Tahuhu, Huddleston all are good players take two or three from them. Rowe and Peterson are risky try them in grand leagues. From West Indies Anisa Mohammad and Fletcher are safe and best picks.
Prediction : Both sides are strong only but New Zealand has a balanced team. For West Indies only few good batters are there. Even in bowling too. Backing New Zealand, they are favourites of this match.