This is the last Odi of this series and both teams are getting ready for another crucial encounter. If New Zealnd won last Odi, it’s all because of Taylor and his unbeaten 181*. The 5th Odi will be played at Christchurch and Hagley Oval will host this match. Definitely England would have blamed themselves after losing fourth Odi. They were in a commanding position before Ross Taylor’s entry. But things changed very quickly once he settled. This can be a good news for the hosts before the start of the last Odi because New Zealand have won all eight 50-overs matches they have played at the Hagley Oval.
Hagley Oval, Christchurch – New Zealand
This is a good batting pitch and we can expect another high scoring match. Bowlers will have to constantly vary their pace.
New Zealand Probable XI
Taylor / Chapman
England Probable XI
Willey / Markwood
Important News :
- Taylor is suffering from quad injury and team management will take a call on him before start of the match.
- If Taylor wont play then Chapman will replace him.
- Markwood failed in last two matches which opened doors for Willey. Though Willy played well still he was removed.
- In wicket keeper section both Latham and Buttler are good options. Both are in good form and both will bat at 5th position.
- In batting from New Zealand Munro, Guptill and Williamson are mandatory. Rotate them in grand leagues. Ross Taylor is doubtful so try him on your risk. Chapman played two matches in this series. One time for Willamson and the second time for Taylor and in both matches he didn’t impress. He can get a chance once again in this match. From England Roy, Bairstow, Root, Morgan all four are very good. Roy is not at his best but he can be dangerous at any time. Root and Bairstow scored centuries in last match. Both are in good form but can’t promise they will play such innings once again. Morgan is a valuable player and he is like a rescuer for England team. If team falls in trouble he can play well. Rotate them in your teams.
- In all rounder section from New Zealand Santner is in good touch so he can be important. Grandhomme is another good option. From England both Stokes and Woakes are important. Don’t miss them at any cost.
- In bowling section from New Zealand Boult and Sodhi are consistent. Southee is other important but he has up and downs in this series. From England Rashid is only safe option.
Prediction : England played well throughout this series. New Zealand’s performance is up and down. England has an upper hand in the entire series. Backing England they will win this match.