After beating England in the first test match,New Zealand has gone up in the two test match series against England. It was a clinical performance from the home side and nobody wouldn’t have expected that sort of game from England in the 1st innings of the first test match. At one stage it looked like England would rewrite things and records but luckily they were saved by Overton’s counter attack. New Zealand is always a good team and especially on home soil they could be very dangerous.
This is the second and last match of the series and it is also a series decider match. Match will be played at Christchurch and Hagley Oval will host this match. New Zealand has good record at this venue too. The home team won 3 out of 4 matches they played here. On the other side for England it’s like a do or die game. To avoid white wash they must play steady innings.
Hagley Oval, Christchurch – New Zealand
Sunny on day 1, chances of rain on day 2 and it’s cloudy on 3, 4 , 5 days
The wicket will have runs in it for the batsmen as well as wickets for the bowlers. Seamers could be more effective here than spinners.
New Zealand Probable XI
Guptill / Jeet Raval
England Probable XI
Livingstone / Leach
Overton / Markwood
Important News :
- Sodhi will replace Astle in this match. Due to side injury Astle has been ruled out.
- Guptill has chances to replace Raval who is not in good form.
- England dropped Moeen Ali and he will not play this test.
- Even Chris Woakes has been dropped.
- Overtone was not effective in first test so Markwood can replace him.
- In wicket keeper section Bairstow can be good. He has good international experience and he can play good shots for his team whenever required. The other keeper Watling was very effective behind the stumps in last test and he is also a good player. We suggest you to think before you select.
- In batting from New Zealand Williamson can be mandatory. Ross Taylor is also equally good. Latham, Nicholls are also good and take one from them. From England Root is a quality player and you cannot miss him. England openers are not at their best especially Cook while Stoneman looks better than his partner. Take anyone from Malan or Vince.
- In all rounder section from New Zealand Grandhomme is only the option but he is in poor form. From England Stokes can be important.
- In bowling section New Zealand both Southee and Boult can be mandatory. In last match both gave an outstanding performance and expecting same kind of game in this match too. If you want you can take Sodhi. From England Broad and Anderson are only safe and best picks.
Prediction : New Zealand has good record at this venue. England are under immense pressure and they need to win this match at any cost or at least a draw and this is a tough situation for England. Therefore, New Zealand are favourites.