England is facing a tough phase after winning Odi series against Australia in Australia. After that series, they failed in T20 series and now they have failed once again to beat New Zealand in the first Odi match. The first one day match was played at Hamilton and Seddon Park hosted that match. In that match, the home team, Blackcaps won by 3 wickets. It was Ross Taylor once again who played well and gave that win for New Zealand. Now the second one day match will be played at Mount Maunganui and Bay Oval will host this match. So by winning the first Odi against England at Seddon Park, the Kiwis has extended their Odi winning streak to no.9. This is big challenge for the visitors because the hosts are very strong at home. As per Statistics New Zealand has a bad record at this venue.
Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui – New Zealand
This is a good batting wicket and we can expect plenty of runs in this match. Pacers can get good support from this wicket than spinners. Fast bowlers took more number of wickets here than spinners.
New Zealand Probable XI
Chapman / Williamson (c)
Sodhi / Ferguson / Matt Henry
England Probable XI
Important News :
- New Zealand’s skipper Kane Williamson is suffering from a hamstring strain. Chapman has been called as replacement.
- If Williamson misses this match then Southee will lead the Kiwis Side.
- Pitch is expected to be good for pacers so Sodhi can be replaced by any of the fast bowlers.
- Due to ankle injury, Markwood playing chances are doubtful even in this match also. He may not play.
- Craig Overton could come into the mix for an ODI debut if England want to change their pace attack.
- In wicket keeper section both Latham and Buttler are good options. Looks like Latham got his form back after that innings in first Odi.
- In batting section from New Zealand Guptill, Munro and Ross Taylor all three are safe and good options. Guptill is in good form and he showed his form in T20 series. Taylor also played a match winning knock in first Odi. Munro is another perfect option and he can play destructive innings easily at any time and moreover he can bowl few overs too. So try to pick any two from them. From England Roy, Root, Bairstow and Morgan all four are good options. Root can be a mandatory pick. Morgan is a good batsman and he can act like a rescuer for his team. Roy and Bairstow are unpredictable choices and they can play big innings at any time. Toss between Morgan, Roy and Bairstow.
- In all rounder section from New Zealand Santner should be a direct choice. From England Woakes and Ben Stokes are mandatory. Both Stokes and Woakes can bat at middle and lower orders and they can be dangerous. Similarly with ball too.
- In bowling section from New Zealand Southee and Boult are safe and good options. From England Willey, Rashid and Curran all three are good. Don’t miss Rashid because he takes wickets.
- In grand leagues try Henry Nicholls because he is also a good player but failed in first innings. If New Zealand batting order fails then he can change the situation.
There are many match winners in this match but we cannot take them all. All rounder section can be mandatory in this match because they can bat and ball.
Prediction : Both teams played equally good in first Odi. There is a word called “Luck” and it should also help us then only we can win. England played well but unfortunately they lost that match. New Zealand too played hard and won that match. We are expecting England will bounce back after that lose and they will level the series. This can be a 50 / 50 match.