Welcome to Dream11 Pro and hope you are all enjoying with our previews, tips and news. This is the IPL season and many fantasy lovers will be eagerly waiting to earn good amount through fantasy sites like Dream11, Halaplay etc. We will give our best like before and try to provide good information. A total number of 60 matches will be played in 51 days and we will try to provide good and accurate information for all the matches.
This is the first match of the season and the defending champions Mumbai Indians will face Chennai Super Kings in the very first match. A MI – CSK clash is a fitting way to begin the season, for these are the two most successful teams in the IPL. After serving a two year ban, the Men in Yellow are expected to announce their arrival in style. On the other hand, the Men in Blue, Mumbai Indian will start the season as defending champions and they will also look to kick start their campaign with a win against the arch – rivals.
As the match will be played at Mumbai, the home team always has an upper hand at this venue. Wankhade has been a fortress for Mumbai Indians as they have remained unassailable at the venue in most matches. But we should never underestimate Dhoni and his co because Dhoni is only a big match winner and match changer. He can turn the things quickly with his cool mind.
Wankhade stadium, Mumbai – India
This wicket offers help for the batsmen and expected to be flat. Seam bowlers can find fair amount of assistance from this wicket.
Mumbai Indians Probable XI
Ishan Kishan (wk)
Rohit Sharma (c)
Suryakumar Yadav / Sangwan
Pat Cummins / Mustafizur Rahman
Chennai Super Kings Probable XI
MS Dhoni (c/wk)
Kedar Jadhav / Ambati Rayudu
Ngidi / Markwood
Important News :
- As this is the first match it is very difficult to provide proper Probable XI.
- If we find anything new we will add in this section. Go through this section at least once 30 minutes before the deadline.
- Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma can bat at no.3.
- It seems Pat Cummins was just landed a day before and also skipped practice session. The team management decided to give him rest for this match
- Ngidi playing chances are good and even in an interview session CSK’s head coach Fleming expressed his feelings.
- Stephen Fleming, the Super Kings coach has confirmed that Faf Du Plessis is unavailable for selection. Du Plessis was injured in Cummins bowling and that troubled him in recent home summer series.
- Billings can replace Faf du Plessis but no proper news about his batting position.He can bat as an opener otherwise he can bat in middle order.
- Stephen Fleming also said, skipper MS Dhoni can bat at top order that means Dhoni can bat at 4th position.
- There are some chances that Chennai can play with both Ngidi and Markwood in this match. In that case then Sam Billings can miss the match.
We will add further news shortly so stay tuned with us.
- In wicket keeper section we give priority to Dhoni. He is in very good form and doing good practice in nets. Mumbai Indians’s wicket keeper is Ishan Kishan and he played well in domestic matches. Therefore you can also try him but Dhoni is the safest option.
- In batting from Mumbai Indians Rohit Sharma, Evin Lewis, Pollard and Suryakumar Yadav all four are good options. Suryakumar Yadav played well in domestic matches. Take any at least two from them. From Chennai Super Kings Raina is mandatory pick and Suresh Raina never disappointed his fans and team franchise in IPL. Murali Vijay is another good player but he in not in touch. We cannot underestimate his innings and he can be dangerous at any time. According to Fleming, South Africa skipper Faf du Plessis is unavailable for selection and Billings can replace him. Kedar Jadhav has more chances to play and he is another good pick but bats at down the order. You can take at least one from the three.
- In all rounder section from Mumbai Indians Pandya brothers are good and you can take anyone . If not you can take both Pandya brothers. From Chennai Super Kings Watson, Jadeja, Bravo are the options available. Watson is in good form and he had good BBL and PSL tournaments but needs to spend more credits on him. Bravo is a death bowler and can trouble batsmen with his slower deliveries. Jadeja is good but not played international cricket for a long time.
- In bowling from Mumbai Indians Bumrah is only the best and safest pick. Mumbai’s experienced bowler McClenaghan has high chances to play this match and you can take him.Either Cummins or Mustafizur can play this match and we are expecting it’s Mustafizur. Rahul Chahar played well in domestic matches and he has good chances to play this match that’s why try him in grand leagues. From Chennai Super Kings Thakur is only looking safe. At some extent you can also take Harbhajan Singh.
You will face lot of credit problems in this match. Think properly and choose the player.
Prediction : Mumbai Indians have been perennial poor starters and they have now lost their five season opening fixtures. On the other side, Chennai Super Kings will look to make their comeback with a bang. However, Mumbai has good record at Wankhade and also they have good record against Chennai by winning in the last three matches. Backing Mumbai Indians, this is a 55 – 45 match.
Do You Know ?
- Mumbai Indians won the last three matches they have played against Chennai Super Kings.
- In head to head matches, Mumbai won 13 while Chennai won 10 matches.
Follow us for more Fantasy Cricket Previews