This is the 22nd fixture of on going Pakistan Super League and Multan Sultans will face Karachi Kings in this match. Match will be played at Dubai and Dubai Cricket Stadium will host this match. This is a reverse fixture and when these two teams met before in this season match was called off due to rain.
Multan Sultans’s last match was against Lahore Qalanders and in that match Lahore registered their first win of the tournament. Multan Sultans played 8 matches won 4, lost 3 and 1 match was called off. With 4 wins and 3 losses in 8 matches they have played, currently they are standing at 2nd in points table.
Karachi Kings’s last match was against Quetta Gladiators and in that match Karachi Kings lost. Karachi Kings played 6 matches won 3, lost 2 and 1 match was called off due to rain. With 3 wins and 2 losses in 6 matches they have played, currently they are standing at 4th in points table.
Dubai Cricket Stadium, Dubai – United Arab Emirates
This is a decent batting track. Spinners and slow bowlers can get more assistance from this surface.
Multan Sultans Probable XI
Shoaib Malik (c)
Whiteley / Darren Bravo
Mohammad Irfan/ Umar Gul
Karachi Kings Probable XI
Denly / Simmons
Imad Wasim (c)
Mohammad Irfan Jr
Important News :
- Whiteley failed once again in previous match so Darren Bravo may get a chance.
- Gul can come in place of any pacer.
- Karachi Kings can bring Simmons in place of Denly.
- In wicket keeper section Sangakkara should be a straight forward pick. He is a very good batsman and also comes as an opener. The other wicket keeper Rizwan is also looking good but he bats at lower order. Sangakkara is the first choice.
- In batting section from Multan Sultans Ahmed Shehzad and Maqsood are mandatory. Both are in good touch so don’t miss anyone. From Karachi Kings Babar Azam and Ingram are mandatory. Manzoor is another good option but he is not consistent.
- In all rounder section from Multan Sultans Malik is straight forward pick. Pollard is secondary. From Karachi Kings Bopara and Afridi can be mandatory. Don’t miss Afridi. Bopara is only a batsman. Imad Wasim’s performance is not upto the mark. Try him in grand leagues.
- In bowling section from Multan Sultans Tahir is mandatory. Tanvir, Juniad and Irfan are good pacers but Gul can play this match so don’t know who will be removed. Take any two from them. Try Gul in grand leagues. From Karachi Kings Amir can be mandatory. Take anyone from Irfan and Usman
Prediction : Both teams are looking good and strong on paper. Multan Sultans is looking little stronger than Karachi as they have good bowling attack. Even Sultans lost back to back games and they will like to win this match. Backing Multan Sultans, they are favourites.