Multan Sultans will face Islamabad United in the 25th match of the on going Pakistan Super League. The second leg of Sharjah will start with this match. Match will be played at Sharjah and Sharjah Cricket Stadium will host this match. After losing three consecutive games there is lot of pressure on Multan Sultans now. This is the last match for Multan Sultans in league stage. Both teams already faced once in this season and last time Islamabad United defeated Multan Sultans.
Multan Sultans’s last match was against Karachi Kings and in that match they lost. Multan Sultans played 9 matches won 4, lost 4 and one match was called off. With 4 wins and 4 losses in 9 matches they have played, currently they are standing at 4th in points table.
Islamabad United’s last match was against Peshawar Zalmi and in that match they won. Islamabad United played 7 matches won 5 and lost 2. With 5 wins and 2 losses in 7 matches they have played, currently they are standing at 2nd in points table.
Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah – United Arab Emirates
The toss winning team will probably elect to field first as the wicket here tends to favor the bowlers more in the first-half.
Multan Sultans Probable XI
Shehzad Ahmed / Siddiq
Shoaib Malik (c)
Whiteley / Pooran
Badar / Shafique
Gul / Junaid Khan
Islamabad United Probable XI
Hales / Billings
Important News :
- Pooran didn’t play a game yet so he can play today.
- Shehzad is playing a poor game so there is a chance he can be removed.
- Gul is fit and he can play this match.
- Hales and Billings are available from here on. Any one can play this match.
- In wicket keeper section both Sangakkara and Ronchi are good options. Take anyone according to your plan.
- In batting section from Multan Sultans Shehzad and Maqsood are good options. Shehzad is playing a defensive game and bringing pressure on middle order. Maqsood failed in last two matches. From Islamabad United Duminy and Asif Ali are good options. Duminy is a mandatory pick. Hales can play this match and he played a good knock in his recent match against New Zealand. You can try Hales.
- In all rounder section from Multan Sultans Shoaib Malik is mandatory. Pollard is other good option. From Islamabad United Samit Patel should be mandatory. Talat is other option.
- In bowling section from Multan Sultans Tahir, Irfan and Tanvir are safe options. Gul can play this match. Gul can replace any pace bowler. From Islamabad United Ashraf and Sami are safe options.
Prediction : Multan Sultans lost three consecutive games. They can come strongly in this match. On the other side, Islamabad United are in sublime form. Backing Islamabad United, they can win this match.