This is the seventh match of the on going Pakistan Super League and in this match Karachi Kings will face the defending champions Peshawar Zalmi. The defending champions failed in the first match but they came strongly in second match. The first match was with Multan Sultans and Multan Sultans bowled exceptionally well and restricted Peshawar Zalmi to a low score. In the second match, Peshawar Zalmi batted well against Islamabad United and they won in that match. With a win and a lose in two matches they have played, Peshawar Zalmi are currently placed at 3rd in table. On the other side, Karachi won their only game which was played against Quetta Gladiators. This was the first ever time in PSL history that Karachi won against Quetta. Finally they have good start in this new season and now they will be looking for another win in this match. With a win in one match they have played, Karachi Kings are currently placed at 2nd in points table.
Dubai Cricket Stadium, Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Chances for a shower or thunderstorm
Till now pacers got lot of assistance from this wicket and we can expect the same thing in this match also. Pacers took 47 wickets in just 5 matches while spinners took 17 wickets.
Karachi Kings Probable XI
Imad Wasin (c)
Mohammad Irfan Jr
Peshawar Zalmi Probable XI
Important News :
- After winning in their previous encounters both teams may not change their line ups.
- In wicket keeper section Akmal can be a straight pick. He bats at top order and he played terrific in last match. A blazzing 50 runs in just 32 balls. The other wicket keeper bats at lower order.
- In batting from Karachi Kings Manzoor, Denly, Babar Azam and Ingram are the options available. Ingram is in good touch and he had good BBL season too. Though Babar Azam failed in last match still he is the rock at no. 3 position. A dangerous player. Denly was in good touch in last match but due to that run out he was dismissed early. Take at least 2 from them. From Peshawar Zalmi Tamim Iqbal and Hafeez are only safe and good options. Harris Sohail in the third option.
- In all rounders section from Karachi Kings Bopara, Imad Wasim and Afridi all three are good options. Bopara can be important. Take anyone from Afridi and Imad Wasim. My choice is Afridi because he is an explosive batsman and can take a wicket. Imad Wasim is also good but bats down the order but he can take wickets. From Peshawar Zalmi Smith is only safe option.
- In bowling from Karachi Kings Mohammad Amir, Irfan and Mills all three are good options. From Peshawar Zalmi Riaz is direct pick. Umaid Asif played sensational innings in last match so he is another good option. Sheikh and Asghar are two options available. Take anyone from them.
Prediction : Both teams are looking strong on paper. This can be a 50 / 50 game.