This is the 9th match of the on going Pakistan Super League and in this match Islamabad United will face Quetta Gladiators. Islamabad United last match was against Multan Sultans while Quetta Gladiators last match was against Lahore Qalanders. Interesting news is both teams are coming from a win in their last match. With a win and a loss in two matches they have played, Islamabad United are currently placed at 5th in points table. Similarly,with a win and a loss in two matches they have played, Quetta Gladiators are placed at 3rd in points table. Due to lack of net run rate, Islamabad United are pushed back in points table. This match will be played at Sharjah and Sharjah Cricket Stadium will host this match. Both teams have won one game each out of the two played against each other at this ground. Islamabad United has some good record against Quetta Gladiators.
Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah – United Arabic Emirates
Looks like this is a bowling friendly wicket and it won’t be very easy to score runs on this wicket. Pacers took more number of wickets than spinners here. Wicket will become more bowling friendly during the second half of the game. Anything around 155+ will be difficult to chase down.
Islamabad United Probable XI
Duminy / Ronchi
Asif Ali / Misbah Ul Haq
Quetta Gladiators Probable XI
Pietersen / Mahmudullah
Rossouw / Mahmudulllah
Sarfraz Ahmed (c/wk)
Important News :
- Duminy joined Islmanad United squad and he can play today. Duminy can replace Ronchi who failed continuously in this PSL.
- Quetta Gladiators many not change and they can play with same playing XI. Pietersen is only doubtful person.
Important Update : Misbah playing chances are good. If he plays then Asis Ali will sit on bench.
- In wicket keeper section, as of now, Sarfraz Ahmed is only safe option because Ronchi place is doubtful.
- In batting from Islamabad United Walton and Duminy are mandatory picks. Duminy can play this match and he is in good form. Hussain Talat’s and Asif Ali’s performances are not consistent. Both of them come under third catagory from Islamabad batting section. From Quetta Gladiators Shafiq, Umar Ami, Pietersen and Rossouw are safe options but no one has played consistently till now. Try to take any two.
- In all rounder section from Islamabad United Russell and Shadab are the two options available but both are having a bad season. As the wicket is expected to be slow Shadab Khan may come into play. Try to take anyone from them. From Quetta Gladiators Watson is a must pick. Nawaz and Hasan Khan are other two options and both are playing consistently. Try to take Nawaz as he bats before Hasan Khan and has an upper hand.
- In bowling from Islamabad United Ashraf, Raees, Sami and Finn all four are good options. Don’t miss Ashraf because he is playing batsman role also. From Quetta Gladiators Archer is a direct pick. Anwar and Rahat Ali are other bowlers.
Prediction : Islamabad United has good bowling line up but their batting is not very good. On the other side, Quetta Gladiators is looking balanced. But both teams have good record in PSL. Still we feel Quetta can win this match and backing Quetta Gladiators they are favourites.