Nidahas Trophy will be among India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and this is a tri nation T20 series. India will face Sri Lanka in the first match of the Nidahas Trophy. Match will be played at Colombo and Premadasa Stadium will host this match. After winning Odi series and T20 series against South Africa in South Africa, India will start this trophy as hot favorites. But Indian team management has given rest to few of their top most main players. The Indian Cricket team wants to test their reserve strength so in this trophy we can find many new faces from Indian side. On the other side, Sri Lanka returned to form by defeating Bangladesh in all kinds of formats.
R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo – Sri Lanka
Good batting conditions are expected for this match. Toss winning team can elect to bowl first.
India Probable XI
Rohit Sharma (c)
Rahul /Rishabh Pant (wk)
Dinesh Karthik (wk) / Hooda
Thakur / Siraj
Sri Lanka Probable XI
Kusal Perera (wk)
Pradeep / Chameera
Important News :
- Vice Captain Rohit Sharma will lead this side in the absence of regular skipper Virat Kohli.
- Either karthik or Pant anyone can stand behind the wickets between them.
- Sundar, Hooda and Shankar are the three all rounders there for India in this series. Shankar is a medium pacer and the others two are spinners. So Shankar can play this match.
- Sri Lanka are playing with their full strength in this match.
- In wicket keeper section we have three options available. We are expecting Karthik will play this match. Kusal Perera is in good touch. He played an excellent innings against Bangladesh. Karthik is also a good options but don’t know how he will play. Even he bats in middle order. According to your plan take anyone from them.
- In batting section from India Rohit, Dhawan, Rahul, Raina and Pandey all four are good options. Rohit Sharma played in South Africa but we all know how good batsman he is. Don’t ignore him because he can play big innings at any time. Dhawan should be mandatory because he is in good touch. Raina and Pandey also showed their game in South Africa’s tour. Take any three from them. From Sri Lanka Mendis, Tharanga, Gunathilaka and Chandimal are the options available. Chandimal did not bat properly in Bangladesh T20 series. Take any two from Tharanga, Mendis and Gunathilaka. Gunathilaka can bowl few overs.
- In all rounder section from India Axar Patel should be mandatory. Try Vijay Shankar in grand leagues. From Sri Lanka Perera is mandatory. Shanaka and Mendis are other good all rounders.
- In bowling section from India Chahal is direct pick. Unadkat is another safe and good bowler. From Sri Lanka Dananjaya, Lakmal are safe choices.
Prediction : Despite India not having few of their important players still they are only looking strong. Sri Lanka has a bad record against India in T20s. Backing India, they are hot favorites.