A perfect game from Sri Lanka after many months. After a glorious comeback in the ODI tri-series against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, skipper Dinesh Chandimal have also raised the victory flag in Test cricket against the home side Bangladesh. Now both teams will face each other in two match T20 series. Sri Lanka will look to continue their winning run in T20 format also and they have already gained lot of confidence by winning two back to back trophies in this on going tour in two different formats. The first T20 match will be played at Sher-e-Bangla. As per statistics Sri Lanka has a good record against Bangladesh and they have won five out of the seven T20 matches. On the other side Bangladesh beat Sri Lanka only once at this ground in T20 match.
Sher-e-Bangla – Dhaka, Bangladesh
The wicket can help bowlers more during the first half of the game and should be good for batting as the game goes on.
Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Mushfiqur Rahim(w), Sabbir Rahman, Mahmudullah(c), Afif Hossain, Ariful Haque, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mahedi Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Abu Hider Rony, Abu Jayed, Zakir Hasan, Nazmul Islam, Mohammad Mithun
Upul Tharanga, Danushka Gunathilaka, Dinesh Chandimal(c), Niroshan Dickwella(w), Asela Gunaratne, Thisara Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Akila Dananjaya, Jeffrey Vandersay, Isuru Udana, Shehan Madushanka, Amila Aponso, Kusal Mendis, Jeevan Mendis, Asitha Fernando
Bangladesh Probable XI
Tamim Iqbal / Mithun
A. Haque / Zakir Hasan
Nazmul Islam / Zakir Hasan
Abu Hider / Saifuddin
Sri Lanka Probable XI
Jeevan Mendis / Fernando
Jeevan Mendis / Aponso
Udana / Fernando
Breaking News : All rounder Gunaratne has sustained an injury in his right arm and ruled out of the T20 series.
Important News :
- Regular skipper Shakib Al Hasan is out of this match due to hand injury. Mahmudullah will lead this side.
- Tamim Iqbal and Rahim are suffering from minor injuries and their playing chances are 50 – 50.
- Nazmul Islam replacing injured Shakib. Similarly if Tamim doesn’t play then Mithun can replace.
- Chandimal will lead Sri Lanka. Kusal Perera was out with an injury and Kusal Mendis named as replacement.
- All rounder Gunaratne has sustained an injury in his right arm and ruled out of the T20 series.
- In wicket keeper section Rahim and Dickwella both are good options but Rahim is suffering from an injury. Dickwella is only looking safe for small leagues and moreover he is a very good attacking player.
- In batting section from Bangladesh Mahmudullah and Sarkar only safe options. Though Sarkar is not in good form but still he can be dangerous at any moment. Mahmudullah is a mandatory pick. Sabbir is another option but he bats at lower order. Tamim Iqbal is a very good batsman but his playing chances are doubtful take him in grand leagues. From Sri Lanka Tharanga, Chandimal and Gunathilaka all three are good and also safe options. Take any two from them.
- In all rounder section from Bangladesh Afif Hossain can be a direct pick. He bats at no.3 and also did a great job in recent U19 world cup matches. Even his BPL performance was outstanding for Khulna Titans. From Sri Lanka Thisara is only looking safe option. Shanaka and Gunaratne are other options available. Thisara Perera is manatory so pick anyone from Gunaratne and Shanaka.
- In bowling from Bangladesh Mustafizur and Rubel are only looking safe. Nazmul playing chances are very good. From Sri Lanka Dananjaya is only the safest option. Madhushanka is another safe and good option.
Prediction : Sri Lanka is in good touch after those back to back victories in different formats. On the other side injuries are hurting the home side. At this venue Sri Lanka has a good record against Bangladesh. Backing Sri Lanka this is a 60 – 40 game.