Afghanistan have gone 2-1 up in the five-match ODI series as they beat Zimbabwe by six wickets in the third game. Things changed very quickly after 2nd Odi and the hosts came back very strongly after that heavy defeat. Afghanistan bowlers did not give any scope for Zimbabwe’s batting unit in last Odi and they took wickets at regular intervals of time. After losing third Odi, now for Zimbabwe, the situation is they must win the next two matches to win the series. Pressure is more on Zimbabwe side as this is a must win game for them to keep the series alive. They don’t have clue against the leg breaks of Rashid Khan. This can be an interesting match because Zimbabwe is also a good team and they showed their strength already in 2nd Odi.
Sharjah Cricket Stadium – Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Sunny and clear
The wicket should be good for batting early on but is expected to offer turn to the spinners as the match progresses.
Afghanistan Probable XI
Ihsanullah Janat / Ahmadi
Zimbabwe Probable XI
Burl / Moor
Muzarbani / Jarvis
Chisoro / Vitori
Important News :
- Ihsanullah performance is not good and he managed to score only 14 runs in last two matches. If Afghanistan go with same playing XI then Ihsanullah will get another chance otherwise Ahmadi will replace him.
- Either Burl or Moor anyone can play this match.
- In last match Muzarbani was expensive so he can make a way for Jarvis.
- Vitori’s performance with ball is not good. Chisoro also to play a game yet so he can get a chance in this match.
- In wicket keeper section Shahzad and Taylor both are good options only. Shahzad is a very talented player but since his return from banned period he didn’t play an impressive knock. If he stands then he plays destructive innings. Taylor is in good form and he already scored a century in 2nd Odi.
- In batting section from Afghanistan Rahmat Shah is a direct pick. He is the leading run scorer of Afghanistan in the series so far. Jamal cemented his place and he is another good option. Nazibullah Zadran can be dangerous at middle order because he is playing destructive innings. From Zimbabwe Masakadza, Mire, Ervine all three are good options. Take atleast two from them. Waller is another good lower order batsman. He is having a bad phase but a good player.
- In all rounder section from Afghanistan Nabi is mandatory and from Zimbabwe Raza is a must pick. Don’t miss anyone.
- In bowling for Afghanistan Rashid Khan is a direct pick. After Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Zadran is important. From Zimbabwe Cremer and Chatara are safe options.
Prediction : This is a must-win scenario for Zimbabwe so it is obvious that the visitors will be feeling a lot more pressure. Afghanistan has a strong bowling unit. Zimbabwe