Afghanistan will face Scotland in the 4th match of the ICC World Cup Qualifiers match. Afghanistan are in good form and they have won many matches so far. This will be a big challenge for Scotland because beating Afghanistan means it’s like an achievement in current situation. Match will be played at Bulawayo and Bulawayo Athletic Club will host this match.
Bulawayo Athletic Club – Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Looks like this is a batting wicket. Two warm up matches were played here and in both matches teams won by chasing. Average totals were registered in warm matches. Spinners took more number of wickets than pacers in warm up matches.
Afghanistan Probable XI
Sharafuddin Ashraf / Shenwari
Rashid Khan (c)
Scotland Probable XI
Jones / Wallace
Wheal / Evans / Whittingham
Important News :
- Regular skipper Stanikzai is not available for first few matches as he was sidelined with appendicitis.
- Rashid Khan will lead this Afghanistan side in the absence of Stanikzai.
- Coetzer will lead Scotland side.
- In wicket keeper section both Shahzad and Cross are good options. Shahzad is a destructive opener but his form is a worrying thing for Afghanistan because in recent times he hadn’t done much. Scotland opener Cross scored a century in first warm up match but in second warm up he did not score anything. We feel Shahzad can be good.
- In batting from Afghanistan Rahmat Shah is a straight pick. Ihsanullah Janat, Nasir Jamal, Najibullah are other good options. Take any one or two from them. From Scotland Coetzer should be a direct pick but his performance was not impressive in warm up matches. Still he is a good batsman. Vice captain Berrington, Munsey and Jones are other good batsmen from Scotland. Take any two from them.
- In all rounder section from Afghanistan Nabi is a direct pick. Naib is another option but he bats at lower order. From Scotland Mcleod is mandatory. Sole is another good option. He performed well in warm up matches.
- In bowling section from Afghanistan Rashid and Mujeeb are must picks. Dawlat Zadran played well in warm up matches. Interesting thing is Dawlat took 4 wickets against West Indies in warm up match. From Scotland Sharif and Watt are safe options. Evans and Whitingham are other good options but don’t know who will play.
Prediction : Nothing to speak much about Afghanistan and we know very well how they raised in Cricket. Scotland also have good players. Still Afghanistan is looking strong and they have a balanced side. Backing Afghanistan, this can be a 60 – 40 game.